Reading Recovery Teacher Leader Training Awards
The Foundation for Struggling Readers of the Reading Recovery Council of North America is pleased to announce applications for Teacher Leader Training Awards for the 2021-22 training year. The value of each award is $10,000 and will support the training of a Reading Recovery Teacher Leader. The deadline to submit an application is Monday, June 14, 2021, at midnight, ET.
Teacher Leader candidates are encouraged to read through the application to review the required documentation and information, then work with district leadership to submit the application.
- Student demographic data for your district
- Letter of Support signed by Superintendent
- Itemized Budget for Reading Recovery
- Reading Recovery Implementation Plan
- Reading Recovery Trainer Recommendation Letter from intended UTC
The purpose of the Reading Recovery Teacher Leader Training Award is to provide support for the initial training of Reading Recovery Teacher Leaders, which consists of a full-time, one-year postgraduate course at a Reading Recovery University Training Centers.
- School districts located in the United States and Canada are eligible to apply for the award.
Reading Recovery Teacher Leader candidates must be active members of RRCNA.
Award applications will be administered and judged by the Reading Recovery Council of North America.
Applications will be judged using the following criteria:
- Academic and economic need;
- District planning, commitment, and support of Reading Recovery;
- Reading Recovery’s fit with the district/site’s comprehensive literacy plans;
- Qualifications and leadership potential of the Reading Recovery teacher leader candidate;
- Trainer recommendation.
School systems agree to commit funds for:
- Training year costs not covered by the award;
- Pay salary and benefits, guarantee the Reading Recovery Teacher Leader position for four years;
- Support the professional development costs associated with continuing education and for the training of Reading Recovery teachers;
- Cover the costs associated with the performance of the duties of a Reading Recovery Teacher Leader.
The Reading Recovery teacher leader-in-training will:
- Enroll in, and successfully complete, a year-long Reading Recovery teacher leader training course at a Reading Recovery training center;
- Attend LitCon 2022: National K-8 Literacy and Reading Recovery Conference and the 2022 Teacher Leader Institute
- Volunteer for two hours at LitCon (information on volunteering will be provided closer to the event);
- After training, perform the functions of a Reading Recovery teacher leader as detailed in Reading Recovery Standards and Guidelines for at least three years;
- Provide an annual report to RRCNA on his/her program for the first three years.
The school district will:
- Submit an annual report that documents the activities of the district’s Reading Recovery program including the number of students served; the number and percentage of students who successfully completed the program; the number and percentage of students who were referred to Special Education or who received an incomplete program due to moving or late placement.
- Provide RRCNA with copies of any publicity received in local or school media.
Online applications must be submitted by Monday, June 14, 2021.
Email Carissa Hershey or call 614-310-7326.