The latest in a webinar series hosted by the AASA, The School Superintendents Association and Learning Policy Institute features effective, high-quality tutoring strategies to accelerate, not remediate student gains during this COVID-19 school year and beyond. Dr. Jill Baker, Superintendent of Long Beach Unified School District in California details how Reading Recovery is an integral part of the district’s comprehensive literacy plan.
Dr. Baker along with Reading Recovery Teacher Leader Kathleen Brown are also featured in the Journal of Reading Recovery on this topic. Kathleen Brown was recently featured on the RRCNA blog: Learning Loss: Myth or Reality Check.
Broadening the Sphere of Influence: Reading Recovery as Part of One District’s Comprehensive Intervention Approach – Journal of Reading Recovery, Spring 2018
The Sweet Spot of Coaching: Where Teachers and Administrators Find Common Ground While Developing a Comprehensive Literacy System – Journal of Reading Recovery, Spring 2019
- Jill Baker, Superintendent, Long Beach Unified School District, California
- Michael Griffith, Senior Researcher and Policy Analyst, Learning Policy Institute
- Antonio Gutierrez, Co-Founder, Saga Education
- Susanna Loeb, Professor of Education, Professor of International and Public Affairs, Director of the Annenberg Institute for School Reform, Brown University
- Morton Sherman, Associate Executive Director, AASA Leadership Network (moderator)