Celebrating 35 Years of Reading Recovery Success in North America
Members of the early literacy community congratulate Reading Recovery on 35 years of excellence
After 35 years in North America, the Reading Recovery Community has reasons to celebrate and be grateful for the opportunity to do this life-changing work. During this 35th anniversary year, we celebrate not only the history of Reading Recovery but also the accomplishments.
Since Reading Recovery began in North America in 1984, it has reached millions of first graders and trained tens of thousands of teachers.
Our core tenets have never wavered:
- Marie Clay’s legacy of research, practice, and publications;
- An outstanding research base recognized by What Works Clearinghouse and other ratings agencies;
- Our strong professional development network of universities, training sites, and schools;
- More than 30 years of evaluation data that provide information for school administrators to make decisions; and
- Strong leadership committed to Reading Recovery and high-quality literacy instruction.
As we continue through our fourth decade of Reading Recovery in North America, the need for collective advocacy, outreach, and planning has never been greater. We are thankful for your continued commitment and leadership.