- Earned doctorate Ph.D. or Ed.D. in reading/writing or related areas
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, including the ability to work with parents, teachers, principals, and university faculty
- Leadership experience, effective writing skills, data analysis and computer ability
- Reading Recovery teacher or teacher leader training preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish / English an asset
If not already trained as a Reading Recovery Trainer, the candidate will be enrolled in a paid, one year residential training program in Texas or Ohio arranged by the Project.
This is a two year appointment renewable on an annual basis after the initial appointment. For more information, please call Ann Ballantyne, Director, Reading Recovery Project, 212-998-9028.
Send resume, cover letter and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to:
Debra Diana, Project Manager
NYU Reading Recovery Project
34 Stuyvesant St., Suite 501
New York, NY 10003